RealTime Application Interface (RTAI) lets you write applications with strict timing constraints for GNU/Linux operating system. Version 4.0 has been released. In this new version:
- base/arch/x86/hal/hal.c: do not make available rtai_sched_affinity and free_isolcpus_from_linux under UP;
- base/include/rtai_lxrt.h: added rt_get_cpu_freq and static inlines for an easier converion of tsc counts from/to nanos, directly in user space; simple inlined conversion functions provided in rtai_lxrt.h;
- Add a short explanation of what newly added (README.ISOLCPUS file);
- base/arch/x86/hal/hal_32.c and hal_64.c: when initting RTAI hal call the function removing Linux tasks from the CPUs isolated for RTAI;
- base/arch/x86/hal/hal.c: added a function to be called for ensuring that no Linux task will be on the CPUs isolated for RTAI;
- base/sched/sys.c: implemented rt_get_cpu_freq.