GTKWave is a digital waveform viewer useful for examining the output of various digital simulators and an analysis tool used to perform debugging on Verilog or VHDL simulation models. With the exception of interactive VCD viewing, it is not intended to be run interactively with simulation, but instead relies on a post-mortem approach through the use of dumpfiles.
GTKWave as a collection of binaries is comprised of two interlocking tools: the gtkwave viewer application and rtlbrowse. In addition, a collection of helper applications are used to facilitate such tasks as file conversions and simulation data mining. The new release fixes some problems/bugs and adds new functions/features, e.g.;
- Added /Data Format/Popcnt function for ones counting;
- Updated VCD ID generation in various helpers to use a faster and equivalent algorithm;
- Updated LZ4 for version r113;
- Fix to regex search to remove duplicate signal names because of faulty dumpers;
- Added very fast I/O write capability to fst2vcd.