Maxima is a fairly complete computer algebra system written in Common Lisp with an emphasis on symbolic computation. It is based on DOE-MACSYMA and licensed under the GPL. Its abilities include symbolic integration, 3D plotting, and an ODE (Ordinary Differential Equations) solver.
It is full featured, doing symbolic manipulation of polynomials, matrices, rational functions, integration, Todd-coxeter, graphing, bigfloats and so on. It has, also, a symbolic debugger source level debugger for maxima code.
A new version (5.33.0) of Maxima has been released. Some changes are:
- Fix bug in mset extension stuff;
- Update list of share directories and list of share files;
- Update src/sharefiles.mk;
- Handle arguments of zeroa and zerob in round() and truncate() then add docs for truncate();
- Update docs for floor(), ceiling() and round();
- Put built-in operators on *MOPL* list;
- Update maximaMathML.