KLayout is a Qt-based viewer and editor for GDS2 and OASIS integrated circuit layouts for the chip design engineer.
The main objective is to focus on the basic functionality but adding some useful features that many, even commercial viewers don't have, e.g., shows the design as it is and to animate ayers to make them blink or scroll the fill pattern.
A new version of KLayout has been released. In this new mantainance release:
- Bugfix: DXF polyline mode could not be set in reader options in Ruby. A value of 3 and 4 was not allowed;
- Enhancement: A warning is displayed when an ambiguous keyboard shortcut is triggered;
- Bugfix: An assertion in the boolean processor was fixed;
- Enhancement: The marker browser now indicates if the number of markers exceeds the specified maximum and the list is shortened;
- Enhancement: Circle and Ellipse objects are treated as thin lines in DXF reader's "merge edges" mode. Hence they participate in region formation.