Maxima is a fairly complete computer algebra system written in Common Lisp with an emphasis on symbolic computation. It is based on DOE-MACSYMA and licensed under the GPL. Its abilities include symbolic integration, 3D plotting, and an ODE (Ordinary Differential Equations) solver.
It is full featured, doing symbolic manipulation of polynomials, matrices, rational functions, integration, Todd-coxeter, graphing, bigfloats and so on. It has, also, a symbolic debugger source level debugger for maxima code.
A new version (5.39) of Maxima has been released. Some changes are:
- Floating point overflow handling;
- Complex numericals;
- Testsuite additions and improvements;
- Fixed bug: diff with negative order in integrate;
- Fix issue by changing how resimplification works;
- In risplit, in preparation of fixing issue;
- Correct documentation for rest;
- Fix test for orderlessp transitive;
- Fix in gcl-builds smismatch;
- Fix in timedate, round TZ.
For more information click here.