KiCad is an open source software suite for Electronic Design Automation (EDA). The programs handle Schematic Capture, and PCB Layout with Gerber output. KiCad is a set of softwares and a project manager.
The KiCad project is proud to announce a new stable release of KiCad. The 4.0.5 stable version contains critical bug fixes and version string improvements since the last release, e.g.:
- KiCad: fix crash when attempting to view ERC log with text editor;
- Eeschema: fix assertion on delete node hot key while busy;
- Pcbnew: fix several auto save file issues;
- Pcbnew: fix drill file naming issue;
- Pcbnew: prevent drawing tracks on non copper layers in GAL canvas;
- Pcbnew: fix epic footprint editor DXF import fail;
- Pcbnew: prevent reversal of pad loading order when loading board;
- Pcbnew: make polygons strictly simple before fracturing them in zone fill calculations;
- CvPcb: remove broken footprint documentation feature;
- Footprint editor: fix transform for incorrect mirroring of pads (only effects pads with offset);
- Gerbview: make print dialog display graphic layers list on some windows managers like Unity.
For more information click here.