A scientific plotting package
Veusz is a scientific plotting and graphing package written in Python designed to create publication-ready Postscript or PDF output. It uses PyQt4 for display and user-interfaces, and numpy for handling the numeric data. It can create line graphs, XY plots, histograms, shapes, images and contour plots. Graphs are constructed from components, allowing complex layouts to be designed. Datasets can be interactively modified or created from within the program and the plots are built using an object-based system to provide a consistent interface. Some features include:
- X-Y plots (with errorbars);
- Contour plots (filled/unfilled);
- Stepped plots (for histograms);
- Line plots,function plots,stacked plots and arrays of plots;
- EPS/PNG/PDF/SVG/JPG/BMP output;
- Simple, CSV and FITS data importing.