Global News 1
KiCad is an open source software suite for Electronic Design Automation (EDA). The programs handle Schematic Capture, and PCB Layout with Gerber output. KiCad is a set of softwares and a project manager.
The KiCad project is proud to announce a new stable release of KiCad. The 4.0.5 stable version contains critical bug fixes and version string improvements since the last release, e.g.:
- KiCad: fix crash when attempting to view ERC log with text editor;
- Eeschema: fix assertion on delete node hot key while busy;
- Pcbnew: fix several auto save file issues;
- Pcbnew: fix drill file naming issue;
- Pcbnew: prevent drawing tracks on non copper layers in GAL canvas;
- Pcbnew: fix epic footprint editor DXF import fail;
- Pcbnew: prevent reversal of pad loading order when loading board;
- Pcbnew: make polygons strictly simple before fracturing them in zone fill calculations;
- CvPcb: remove broken footprint documentation feature;
- Footprint editor: fix transform for incorrect mirroring of pads (only effects pads with offset);
- Gerbview: make print dialog display graphic layers list on some windows managers like Unity.
For more information click here.
LabPlot is a KDE Application for plotting and analysis of 2d and 3d functions and data.
LabPlot allows you to work with multiple plots which each can have multiple graphs. The graphs can be produced from data or from functions. All settings of a complete set of plots can be saved in a project files.
LabPlot also provides a component for easily viewing the project files in Konqueror.
In this new version some changes are done:
- Support for different open-source computer algebra systems;
- Statistics on spreadsheets and matrices;
- Export of spreadsheets and matrices to LaTeX tables;
- Interpolation of data including different splines, cosine, exponential, cubic Hermite (Catmull-Rom, cardinal, Kochanek-Bartels) and rational functions;
- Data smoothing using moving average (centered or lagged), percentile filter or Savitzky-Golay algorithm;
- Fourier filter (low pass, high pass, band pass, band reject) with ideal, Butterworth, Chebychev I+II, Legendre or Bessel-Thomson filter;
- Fourier transform with many window functions (Welch, Hann, Hamming, etc.) calculating magnitude, amplitude, power, phase, dB, etc. and supporting one/two sided spectrum with or without shift and x scaling to frequency, index or period;
- Sigmoid function as a new pre-defined fit model;
- Update axis title shape on title rotations correctly;
- Fixed sporadic crashes during project close.
You can download the source code of the latest available version of LabPlot here.
A new version, 2.47 stable codename "Pythocalypse", of Gwyddion, a modular program for SPM (Scanning Probe Microscopy) data visualization and analysis has been released. There are various improvements, bugfixes and new features in the application, libraries and modules, e.g.:
- Translations updated: Czech, French, Russian;
- Elliptical parabolic tip model was added;
- Parabolic bump function was added;
- New: Physically transforms graph to logarithmic scale;
- Nano Measuring Machine: Can handle data larger than 4 GB points total on 64bit systems (but not more than 2 GB per channel).
See the detailed news for more.
GTKWave is a digital waveform viewer useful for examining the output of various digital simulators and an analysis tool used to perform debugging on Verilog or VHDL simulation models. With the exception of interactive VCD viewing, it is not intended to be run interactively with simulation, but instead relies on a post-mortem approach through the use of dumpfiles.
GTKWave as a collection of binaries is comprised of two interlocking tools: the gtkwave viewer application and rtlbrowse. In addition, a collection of helper applications are used to facilitate such tasks as file conversions and simulation data mining. The new release fixes some problems/bugs and adds new functions/features, e.g.;
- Disable accelerator keys in twinwave single window mode to avoid focus conflicts;
- Fixes for -fstrict-aliasing and other recent warnings;
- Added fill_waveform rc variable and corresponding menu option (/View/Show Filled High Values) to allow filling in the lower portion of high values for increased visibility.